Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

I was sooo excited to go home for labor day! I was so happy to see my family and my kitty. I can't believe I'm about to say this but I actually missed my brother, never thought that would happen. It was definitely the best weekend I've had in a while. Mom came up for lunch and then we headed home. Luckily I beat my brother and sister home from school, so I got to surprise them.

I did find it rather funny that I had been gone from home for two and a half weeks and the first thing my dad has me do when I get back is mow the lawn. (Gee Dad, I missed you too!) Actually I really did miss my dad, and according to Mom, he really missed me too. After the lawn was mowed, we even played corn hole. I hadn't had an opportunity to play all summer, so that was awesome.

Sunday was by far the best day though, we went to my grandparents lakehouse! It was so great to get to see all of my cousins, aunts, uncles, and my grandparents. There it was actually rather chilly in the shade. We went on a boat ride and had to wear sweatshirts, it was ridiculous.

Monday I went to the movies with my little sister and all of her little friends (that was crazy!). We saw Vampire's Suck, it was very funny. The movie is supposed to be a spoof of Twilight, and they did a great job. Don't get me wrong, it was totally stupid, but still very funny. After the movie, we headed straight up here and my fun weekend with my family away from school was over. However, I'm going home again this weekend for the Fall Festival!

No comments:

Post a Comment